pancakeFEATURES: IFB's Links à la Mode & MTV Style's Top Style Blogger Looks
Edited by: Holier than Now
It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and many of us are looking forward to the Black Friday sales - oh wait, I mean spending time with our families and friends! But it's wonderful (and kind of weird) that so many of the people that influence and support us on a daily basis won't be gathered around our table; they'll be hanging around our web address, retweeting our (sometimes) witty comments, liking our latest post on Facebook, etc. Whether or not you celebrate turkey day, as a blogger it's hard not to be full of gratitude for the resources we share on a regular basis. This week, Tickle Me Chic helps ban the blogging blues, Previously Owned does your holiday gift shopping for you, and Make the World a Prettier Place sums up the reason so many of us are grateful just to be alive (hello? fashion!) with a visual history.
Links à la Mode: November 25th
- Be Fabulous Daily Applying old-school academic standards of original content and citation of sources to fashion blogging
- Boheme Noir Best outfits 2010 of style icon Giovanna Battaglia
- Fashion Butter: How to DIY Fur Collar with Chains
- Fish Monkey's Writing Stuff Lanvin + H&M: Is there a downside?
- Frock and Roll A code of ethnics for advertorials on your blog
- Grit and Glamour RSS and Sharing for Dummies—and Lazies
- Haute Halifax Out of sight, out of mind? A look at the impact of the textile industry in Africa
- Holier than Now The Under $50 Gift Guide: Fashion, guy-friendly goods, eco and charitable finds and more
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Are you addicted to blogging?
- Make the World a Prettier Place 30 Vogue covers from 1922 to 2005
- Mary Van Notes A vintage style post from a tree house
- Pancake Stacker Lessons from "Changing Fashion: Internet and Blogging" featuring Liz of Late Afternoon, Yvan Rodic of The Face Hunter, and more
- Positively Bleak Tips on staving off the winter blues - with a bonus compilation of free demos and EPs from alternative rock bands!
- Previously Owned A carefully selected gift list for the foodie, fashionable, beauty obsessed and generous
- The Chic Curve Winter coats for everyBODY. No matter what size or shape, there is a fabulous jacket just for you!
- The Coveted: Frock Luxury Vintage: A local NYC discovery
- The Fashion Pawn The Business of Blogging: Your Blog Brand
- The Lingerie Addict: 5 things Every Woman Should Know About Her Lingerie
- The New Professional A bloglover's tips for keeping up with your blog reading
- Tickle Me Chic: Get rid of those blogging blues: Tips and links to ban discouragement
- Wanderlost 10 things to look forward to this winter
Shopbop bags: Burch, Matt & Natt, Minkoff, IRO, Botkier, Gryson, LAMB, Chloe, BE&D, DVF
UPDATE: Two features in one day?? Thank you, MTV Style for including me as one of your "Top Style Blogger Looks of the Week!" Words cannot express how exciting this has all been! To check out what MTV said, head on over here, or to see which outfit post they're talking about, click here.